Tuesday, February 28, 2012

memories

The memory invade my mind
Of times that we laughed
To see the children play
The path so smooth not rough

The times I held the child
Firmly in my arms
And fought for their defense
Protecting from all harms

The gladness in my heart
The day that they were born
Never dreamed goodbye
Sad alone forlorn

The tears of joy we shed
When they returned to health
Such small victory
More valuable than wealth

The dinners that we shared
Vacations that we went
For me love endless
That which won’t relent

How did I let this go??
Perhaps I have gone mad
In the least I’m numbed
But for the peace I’m glad

The times I did hold her
Never wished to let go
But nature takes its path
Can’t resist nor say no

If anything I have
Memories make me smile
And brighter days ahead
I’ll wait for them awhile

No comments:

Post a Comment