Friday, March 16, 2012

new day

Woke this morning with the dawn
To a quiet home
Trying not to make a sound
Here sit not alone

Arose with my half closed eyes
Joyful duty prayers
Whispered quietly no sound
Devoid of all my cares

Made a coffee piping hot
Sipped slowly not burn tongue
Do not feel any pangs
Like someone ever young

Stared outside at window dark
Before the sun its rise
With faintest hue of light blue
Beyond the pain and lies

Waited more in the dark
Reading quiet verse
Scripture glean wisdom dear
Protected from the curse

And then the day it broke
With singing of the birds
The beauty of this land I swear
Beyond the absurd

The sun glory it rose in full
Evidence the lord
And then the sleepy household rose
Who whisper quiet words

The silence then broken away
With blaring of the news
Perhaps quiet if went to bed
And hit that cursed snooze

The birds my friends have risen now
They search for food and sing
The beauty and no wind
Miracle no snow spring

Family now are all awake
Who laugh as I write verse
Perhaps I am too pensive
Blessings, not a curse

Thinking of duties ahead
My plate is not empty
The duties bear down hard
Small bubble in the sea

1 comment:

  1. the incidents herein portrayed really occurred
    after prayers at 5am

    ReplyDelete