Friday, March 16, 2012

spring walk

Saw three birds fly
Behind a dark cloud
2 birds perched on tree
Who seemed to sing for me

met a cute white dog
Who growled loud at me
With tail wagging in joy
Her name was lizzy

Walked with all speed fast
Before the end of day
With sun setting in haste
And train blaring its call

Breathed the cool spring air
What surprise no snow
The beauty of this land
I feel will never know

Ended walk too soon
For dark it frightens me
For fear I may trip
And end with bloodied knees

Then overhead
Far in the distance clear
A jet came close to land
Moon reflected wings

The squirrels played in yard
Red and bushytailed
Searching sustenance
So small so cute and frail

And then returned to home
To rest this achy head
And sip my coffee sweet
And think of days ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment